MODEL-ADThe MODEL-AD consortium consisting of a Center at Indiana University School of Medicine, The Jackson Laboratory, Sage Bionetworks and the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, and a Center at the University of California Irvine has been established by the National Institute on Aging.
Goals of the MODEL-AD Consortium are:
- Develop the next generation of in vivo AD models based on human data
- Institute a standardized and rigorous process for characterization of animal models
- Align the pathophysiological features of AD models with corresponding stages of clinical disease using translatable biomarkers
- Establish guidelines for rigorous preclinical testing in animal models
- Ensure rapid availability of animal models, protocols and validation data to all researchers for preclinical drug development
The MODEL-AD Consortium is a collaboration of: