MODEL-ADThe Model Organism Development and Evaluation for Late-onset Alzheimer’s Disease (MODEL-AD) Consortium was established to maximize human datasets to identify putative variants, genes, and biomarkers for AD; to generate, characterize, and validate the next generation of mouse models of AD; and to develop a preclinical testing pipeline.
Goals of the MODEL-AD Consortium are:
- Develop the next generation of in vivo AD models based on human data
- Institute a standardized and rigorous process for characterization of animal models
- Align the pathophysiological features of AD models with corresponding stages of clinical disease using translatable biomarkers
- Establish guidelines for rigorous preclinical testing in animal models
- Ensure rapid availability of animal models, protocols and validation data to all researchers for preclinical drug development
The MODEL-AD Consortium is a collaboration of: